English Language Education Curriculum
According to the English Language Curriculum Guide (P1-P6) (CDC, 2004, p.11), the overall aims of the English Language Education curriculum in Hong Kong are:
to provide every learner of a second language with further opportunities for extending their knowledge and experience of the cultures of other people as well as opportunities for personal and intellectual development, further studies, pleasure and work in the English medium; and
to enable every learner to prepare for the changing socio-economic demands resulting from advances in information technology; these demands include the interpretation, use and production of materials for pleasure, study .
1.General English Programme:
- We put our focuses on developing our school-based reading and writing curriculum
- We promote language rich environment
- We design school-based booklets for catering learning diversity
- P.1-6 students are categorized into different groups based on their reading ability. They will read level appropriate books during reading workshops in English Room and at home.
- Students will be assessed regularly so that they can read according to their own ability.